Friday, June 5, 2015

End of week one.

I'm officially tired as I sit here and quaff an excellent Steamworks Pale Ale. It's now been a full week and the bed and breakfast building, sorry, greenhouse, is progressing nicely.

It was a dual effort by myself and the lovely Karen to mount the massive 4x4 at the apex of the roof today, and no-one ended up with a concusssion, so we did well. In addition to the heavy lifting, it was obvious to me this afternoon that my tiredness is cumulative, as I found it almost impossible to put a screw in properly.

A couple of days break is in order.

The calculated eve angle was an exact 26.565 degrees but I'm finding working with culled and used wood quite fascinating, most are "reasonably" straight but some are quite a challenge to fit into the construction, at the end of the day, It's a greenhouse, and tolerances have to be quite generous and believe me on this one, they truly are.

No comments: