Monday, August 23, 2010

Acura RSX Yakima Rack with Stretch Kit

The Yakima basic rack is complete and installed, I'm impressed with how solid the system is and how well it fits on the car. I'll describe it in more detail as I had some trouble searching out the information for an Acura RSX on the old interweb.

Yakima 48" long, round crossbars with endcaps.
Q-Towers with 4 matched SKS lock inserts.
Q83 Clips and A-Pads.
Stretch Kit.

The stretch kit allows a 28" rack bar spread (without the kit it would be 14" on this vehicle) the Q-clips are custom for various car models. The actual selling price in Vancouver for this arrangement including taxes is $695 but I sourced most parts through craigslist, the only thing I bought new being the Q83 clips. The total price worked out to be around $210

Two more items are on their way from my eBay dealings, Yakima Kayak stackers and a 44" fairing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dave,

I came across this page on a google search for kayak and rsx. I'm looking at buying a roof rack system so I could transport my bike or kayak depending on the sitaution. I've read a lot about this system and I like the look of it. However, I keep reading I cannot use the sunroof after I install it. Was that true for you? How cumbersome is it to remove the racks when they are not in use? Thanks for your help! Lori